Product Designer (Contract to hire)
A bit about us...Our mission is to attack a big problem, improving access and affordability of healthcare in the United States. The rising cost of healthcare and misaligned incentives in the status quo way of purchasing healthcare is the greatest financial threat to the US economy and the number one contributor to wage stagnation. We feel this is a problem worth solving, and we need smart, passionate people to help us solve it.
Allay is a technology platform built by software engineers, designers, healthcare experts, and insurance experts in order to help benefit consultant partners achieve major cost reductions for their clients while spending half the time and money to get there.
We’re hiring a Product Designer to join our mission.
This role will start as a 6-month contract, assuming it’s a great fit, we’d like you to join our mission on a permanent basis.
We’re a small close-knit team that values transparency and participation in what we’re building, how we’re building it, and why. Our team has a plethora of exciting new features and functionality to design and build (best part, these improvements are based on data from customers using our platform). At Allay, you will need to wear many hats in your work, as you taking ideas to designs to new products.
What you’ll do:
You will be involved in all aspects of Product Design such as:
- Engage and lead creative concepting sessions
- Lead user research and analytics
- Plan and prioritize work, and estimates
- Design technical use cases, workflows, personas and sitemaps
- Build Interaction wireframes, layouts and user interfaces
- Work in close collaboration with our Product Managers, and engineering teams
- Rapidly prototype POCs/MVPs to test hypothesis and assumptions
- Organize and conduct user testing sessions, analyzing and creating reports for recommendations.
- Making well thought out design decisions taking into account technology choices, user research, and market research
- Help fine-tune the development of UX processes, deliverables and standards guides
Who you are:
- Typically you will have 5+ years as a UX/UI or product designer role, designing web-based products
- You have a MA or BA in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, UI Design/Development or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have: A portfolio that doesn’t only show finished work, but your ideas, your sketches, your in-progress work.
- You have a design mindset - you’re curious, and continuously learning, and look for inspiration beyond screens
- You care about the user, and see holistic views to how the user will interact with our products
- You like solving big problems, and having fun, but you’re also mature, respectful and seen as a great teammate
- You want to get your designs into production quickly but you also value quality
- You can code, with front end web technologies including HTML/CSS/JS
- Active in the design community, participating in meetups and events
- Enterprise, SaaS or tech startup experience
About working with us:
- We value output, not just punching a clock
- We’re located in Gastown a few blocks from the Skytrain and seabus station, making your commute easy
- We’re a well-funded startup, with paying customers, a huge market and we’re tackling a very big problem
- Beyond your salary and benefits plan, you get to take part in our success so you’re also given equity